Business Lawyer Santa Cruz CA
Governmental Relations Attorney Los Gatos CA
Estate Planning | Business Law | Real Estate | Governmental Relations
At the law firm of Timothy J. Morgan, Attorney at Law, diplomatic representation and sound judgment form the foundation of our law firm. For more than 30 years we have focused on providing sound coaching advice helping clients assess their legal positions and providing quick, satisfying results.
We represent individuals, businesses and political organizations along California's Central Coast and throughout Santa Cruz, Monterey, Santa Clara and San Benito counties, tailoring our approach to each client's unique legal needs. Contact us today at 831-216-1350 | 800-724-1971 to discover how we can help you.
Efficiently and Adeptly Meeting Clients' Legal Needs
Our attorneys tailor our services to each client's individual, family or business needs, providing high-caliber legal services in a variety of legal areas.
We have substantial experience in legal areas important to commercial entities, such as business organization, family business law, finance, tax law, transfers, business dissolution, commercial real estate, issues of fraud and intellectual property law. Our lawyers can provide preventive legal counsel and strategic legal advice in almost any situation a business may encounter, including resolution of disputes through business litigation or arbitration.
We represent buyers, sellers, developers, homeowners, condo owners, lenders and other parties in a wide range of real estate-related areas. An important part of our practice involves advising realtors and brokers during complex transactions or conveyances when problems arise before closing. We also represent homeowners in disputes with their condominium and homeowners associations.
- Real estate transactions : In California, real estate closings are typically handled by the escrow departments of title companies. We work closely with the title company and the escrow officer to protect our clients' interests whether they are the buyer or seller. We are also highly experienced in helping first-time homebuyers make certain they understand every aspect of the investment they are about to undertake.
- Land use law : We advise clients on residential and commercial land use issues, including re-zoning, red tag violations and disputes with neighbors or adjoining land owners. We also provide knowledgeable counsel in agricultural land use.
A thorough estate plan, developed in your 20s or 30s or later in life, can assure you that your beneficiaries receive your gifts as you wish, help you secure tax advantages, save your estate money, speed up the process of estate administration for your beneficiaries and keep your financial affairs private. The high value of real estate on the Central Coast means that almost any property owner could benefit from proper estate and tax planning.
- Powers of attorney and health care directives : Putting a power of attorney in place or establishing a health care directive can allow a representative of your choice to make financial or health care decisions in a time when you may be unable to do so for yourself.
- Trusts : When you create a living trust, you are doing the most you can to keep your financial affairs private. Unlike probate, which is public, the administration of the trust is a private matter. Since responsibility for the trust passes to the successor trustee at your death, assets held in the trust do not have to go through probate and your family and loved ones are taken care of as you wish.
- Probate and estate administration : Our lawyers represent people who have been named as executors or administrators of a will or as trustees of a trust. In this role, we draft and review probate documents that assign assets and responsibilities. We often serve as a court-appointed probate administrator, acting as a neutral party to expedite probate concerns.
Virtually every project or enterprise requires some interaction with the government, whether at the municipal or higher level. When problems arise, people often find them frustrating to resolve. We are prepared to intercede on your behalf with whatever government agency or appeal board is involved in your dispute.
- Election law : We have a statewide reputation for our knowledge of election law. We advise political candidates, treasurers, campaign managers and groups formed to support or oppose ballot measures.
- Political law : In California, candidates for public office and groups organized to support or oppose ballot measures must meet specific legal requirements. We advise political candidates, treasurers, campaign managers and ballot measure committees on compliance with California law, including contribution and expenditure limitations.
Contact Timothy J. Morgan, Attorney at Law
Avoid expensive litigation. Contact the Santa Cruz law firm of Timothy J. Morgan, Attorney at Law, for sensible legal advice and satisfying results.