Santa Cruz Election Law Attorney
The Santa Cruz law firm of Timothy J. Morgan, Attorney at Law, has a statewide reputation for our expertise in election law. We advise political candidates, treasurers, campaign managers, and groups that have formed to support or oppose ballot measures on political and election law matters such as:
- How to get on the ballot as a political candidate
- How to qualify a ballot measure
- How to contest a ballot argument
- How to challenge the Attorney General title and summary of a statewide ballot measure
- Political law, including compliance with laws applying to campaign contributions and expenditures
- Challenges to voters
- Challenges to ballots
- Contests of elections and election results
A lawyer with longstanding political experience and connections, Timothy J. Morgan serves as Treasurer of the Republican National Committee. He is also a member of the Republican National Lawyers Association Board of Governors, the Republican National Lawyers Association Judicial Advocacy Panel, the California Republican Party Rules Committee, and the California Political Attorneys Association. Mr. Morgan is a strong and experienced ally in cases of election campaign and political law.
Mr. Morgan has litigated numerous election matters over the years and has been the lead attorney on several published opinions including:
- A case regarding the proper understanding of a "residence" for voting purposes
- A case regarding the proper handling of initiative petitions by local officials
- A case invalidating a local tax increase because it violated Proposition 13, and which upheld the validity of Proposition 62 (1986)
- A case invalidating a local sales tax increase as violating Proposition 13
- A case invalidating a local parcel tax increase as violating Proposition 13
More recently, Mr. Morgan was a named plaintiff in a major U.S. Supreme Court case challenging the legality of the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform bill.
Avoid expensive litigation. Contact California election law attorney Timothy J. Morgan for sensible legal advice and satisfying results.